Cryptic email from AH (STBXAH)

Old 08-02-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cryptic email from AH (STBXAH)

I received the strangest email this morning, and although I am a decent puzzle solver, this has me perplexed.

It was titled "Got It", and it looked like this:

Good Morning!

NINE!

Then to finish...

FOUR!

ONE!

BLAST OFF!

Okay, what’s my prize?

Love ya!
(Mr. Yurt)

No context, so I am at a loss. I do know that a 941 is a Porsche model, but de doesn't have the money to purchase one at the moment. I thought maybe time of day (last night at that time, I was at the local wine bar with a friend; male), and that he had cruised on by and spotted me. But he would have been more likely to stop and talk to me I think.
I did sit him down and tell him that I am not returning, a week ago. Wondering if it is a sign that things are about to turn ugly...
I have not responded, but I had planned to stop by his place and pick up a few things that I really need. Maybe not...
Old 08-02-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yurt....seems like the blast-off or launch of a rocket.

To me....sounds like: "the launching of something big"

Of course, I am just spit-ballin', here....

dandylion
Old 08-02-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When strange behavior puzzles me, I'm finding it best to work on myself, finding balance and peace within. Then I can trust my instincts whether to ask about it or completely let it go.

I read a while back that when we say "yes" to something, we're saying "no" to something else. So if I'm spending my time wrapped up in something that doesn't add to my day, health or life, that is a choice I'm making. I really think of this when I play Scrabble online -- it can be a time waster that I'm saying "no" to other things in my life. Some things are worthwhile to figure out. The mind games of an active alcoholic aren't usually on that list.

How long until you're getting ready for school? Any new things going on with you?
Old 08-02-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow, that really is as puzzle. Personally I don't think I would respond either. Not sure I would go by too. They can be so unpredictable and scary. If it was good news and he was sober I would think he would just say it and not play games. Probably best to move on and focus on something else if you can. Please take care of yourself!!!
Old 08-02-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wouldn't give it any space in my head. We can make ourselves crazy trying to figure out the A.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm glad you told him it was over Yurt. In light of that weird email, I would not pop over for stuff. I'd set up a time and not go alone.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Turns out he was responding to something I posted on FB. H fancies himself a math expert, and ironically, his answers were wrong. So, not surprising that I was completely baffled. I did not go to his place, although I did need to spend some time with the next door neighbor. She told me that he came out and watched me drive down the street when I left, however, he acted so surprised when I told him that I had been there.
I think I will follow the advice of other posters and not show up unannounced. I should make sure that my DD is there also, since he had been keeping things upbeat while she is there (at least in front of me).
I feel conflicted by her choice to spend so much time at his home, but I will post more about that another time.
School starts for the students on Thursday of this week, although I have spent time there nearly every day for the last two weeks. Still not ready...It will be a great year though; I am involved in two new curriculum teams, we have a new principal that is a good friend of mine, I am a mentor to two new teachers, and it appears that I have a super group of kids. Looking forward to starting.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

First thing in my mind was 1 + next odd number (3) = 4 + next odd number (5) = 9. Still cryptic but mathematically sound.

Your friend,
Old 08-03-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You said it was a response for a fb post. It could also be just to get some attention and to confuse you
Old 08-03-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My STBXAH would frequently send puzzlers like that over text whether drinking or sober. The most recent one sent at midnight began "In the end a snout wins" For the life of me I could not figure it out. In the past I would ruminate and try to figure out the riddle. This time I let it go. Then hours later it hit me - it was a reference to the dogs. His central thesis on our marriage going awry is that I love the dogs more than him (another gem sent while sober - "I would rather be an animal than a human in your world") Indeed - it is healthier for our own sanity to ignore these puzzlers, even when you finally do figure out the reference. Earlier this year around tax time we had another weird text exchange and finally after 3x of asking for a conversation in person rather than text I finally said I just don't understand why we can't have a conversation. His reply - "exactly" These types of exchanges are crazy-making, and they know it. They know they are sending weird cryptic texts/emails and they want the response that we are giving them. No more