Thread: Morning drunk
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I can totally relate. As my drinking increased over the years, I found that the hangovers were getting harder and harder to deal with because of the anxiety. I would wake up and think my world was collapsing. I went on anti-depressants but continued to drink. AD meds do not work for heavy drinkers. I would get through the morning at work but at lunch I was sneaking off to a pub for 2 or 3 pints to get some relief from the withdrawal and anxiety. I can say with certainty that your anxiety is made ten times worse by the alcohol and the Zoloft is likely not doing what it should. When I quit drinking, my anxiety improved drastically.
Totally agree!!! I only have 7 days sober and my anxiety is 90% better! I am also on Zoloft & I think it's finally working because I'm not drinking. It won't work if we are drinking. I suffer from pretty bad anxiety myself and have had it since childhood. The morning after drinking my anxiety would be SO bad that it was actually painful and I thought I was dying! I walked thru the pain because someone told me it was temporary. They said if I just stop drinking it would get better. I believed them. They were right and it's only been 7 days! I've also been exercising A LOT and that is doing wonders for my anxiety. One last thing....try to avoid caffeine & nicotine. Those 2 things make my anxiety 100 x worse. Good luck! I'm sorry you are suffering. :-( You're in my prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery