Thread: What if
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Croissant

Soul sister, this is what happened when I went and bought some nice expensive wine to have with my nice roasted lamb shoulder last October....

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Dear Alcohol,

You know, next time when I'm on my way home and you come sliding up behind me and whisper in my ear, just don't. You told me it would be nice to catch up, that you'd just stay for dinner, nothing bad would happen.

You were gone the next morning, but I couldn't move. I was sick all day and you were nowhere to be found. Again, I lost time because of you. The dishes weren't done, I had to sleep all day...then the worst humiliation, I had to go get some fatty food and ran into someone way hotter than you at the lifts. But I looked like c$&@, no makeup on, daggy clothes, a sad mess, because of you.

Then, you came back again, last night when I was walking home. Even as I crossed the street to see you, I didn't care about Sober Me, my very best friend. Even though I heard her gasp in shock, I turned a deaf ear to her. She has been my very best friend since July. We do fun things and I get so much done when she is around. My clothes are washed, I shower and eat healthy. She even makes sure I get enough sleep. She drives me wherever I want to go, whenever I feel like it. Yes, any time! I turned my back on her to see you.

But, you alcohol....after last night, this morning I am so scared you will want to move in again. You're not even promising me anything now. You just think I'm going to accept this is as good as it gets and there's no use trying to live without you, because you will always be there.

I hate you so much.

I am going to talk to Sober Me about this, you can't just come in, slob around all over the place, make me have the day off work and expect that I am going to want this. I can't want this.