Notices

Write your letter starting with: Dear Alcohol: ____________

Old 03-21-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Write your letter starting with: Dear Alcohol: ____________

This is a thread to inspire you to write your letter to alcohol, or any drug of choice.
Here is mine:

Dear Alcohol:

I am writing this note to return some things to you. I am giving you back the self pity you brought. Also included is the low motivation and poor self worth that you left here. I don't want those any more. I found a little more shame still left behind and am sending that special delivery. I have instated a no~contact order between me and the shame. It can never come near me or threaten me again.

Oh and also included please find some gifts you used to bribe me with. These would include: the false sense of relaxation and confidence that you used to entice me, and used to keep me in our relationship. I examined them closely. Turns out they're a total sham.

I must say thank you for returning my self respect, health, money, energy, looks, hope, confidence, and all the other things you stole from me.

I am still fixing all the areas of my life that got wrecked during our abusive relationship. Thank goodness I now know that no more damage can be done to me from this toxic relationship.

I do wonder what I ever saw in you. You targeted me at one of the weakest moments of my life. I suppose I thought you could lessen my pain. How wrong I was. Eventually I believed I could not live without you. You had me where you wanted me. A prisoner. When I finally saw an escape route, something still alive in me said i had to take it. That was probably the God you almost stole from me too. Lucky for me, God knew better. He never left me.

Now I know better too. This letter formally settles all ties between us: past, present and future. Goodbye.

~EQ.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I intended this theead for others to post their own letters. So we'd have a thread of good riddance letters. Anyone want to add a letter?
Old 03-21-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Dear Alcohol,

In a way I am sorry to see you go. However, since I have let you go, my life has changed so much and for the better I might add.

I never thought I could make it without you, you gave me that false sense of security that I needed you. I am finding that I can do things on my own without you.

Yes, it was hard to let you go. But I have found a sense of peace and contentment that I never had when I was with you!

Goodbye!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

What a great idea Eternal! You come up with the best threads!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great letter, LadyinBC. Anyone else want to write one?
Old 03-21-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dear Alcohol,
I am amazed at how long our relationship has lasted. You have been in my life for so long, i am uncertain how to go on without you. I do know that our departure is necessary and way overdue. I do not like the way that i feel when I am with you. I get overconfident with you, loud, destructive, emotional.....there are so many things that i feel when under your influence. I think that you are clever to disguise yourself with such sweetness. Truthfully, I despise you. Why is it that you keep coming around after so many years of trying to get away from you? The answer is that i just didnt learn enough from you and what you are capable of doing to me. I had not had enough pain, enough bruising, enough of my self confidence taken away. I didnt experience enough humiliation until now. Please leave my life and never return. I am not your friend and you are not mine. You will never be welcome in my life again.

Mizzuno
Old 03-21-2013, 08:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dear Alcohol,

I used to say that I couldn't live without you. To be honest, i always knew deep down that was not true. I prefer my life without you, actually.

I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but there it is.

Tootalooo MF!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post
This is a thread to inspire you to write your letter to alcohol, or any drug of choice.
Here is mine:

Dear Alcohol:
~EQ.
Dear Drugs and alcohol, Though you made my life a complete mess and made me believe you were my best friend I actually have to say Thank You.

Without you I would never have realized my need for God, so Thank You.

Without you I never would have learned compassion for others you have detroyed so Thank You!

. Without you I never would have appreciated my sobriety like I do now so Thank You!

. Without you I may have never found out the stuff my hubby is really made of. By the way he is a saint and stuck by me. So Thank You!

Thank you for leaving me with horrific memories that make me so grateful for the life I have today.

Thank you that you gave me a story that gives others hope to go on living and in believing they too can get clean and sober.

In destroying my life you just may have saved many others from yourself so Thank You!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dear Alcohol,

You crept into my life as a quiet teen, and made me loud and fun. I thought I needed you to be popular and entertaining. For you, I lost days to hang overs, for a few hours of fun the night before. I have hurt myself and other because of your influence on my mind. I have done things that the real me would never do, because of you. These days, I like to keep control of the wheel. I am less concerned with popularity, and more concerned with inner peace.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Anyone else want to post a letter?
Old 03-22-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Dear Alcohol you lying piece of $.hit , good riddance and don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

Lovingly,
Mark
Old 03-22-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bigndfan175 View Post
Dear Alcohol you lying piece of $.hit , good riddance and don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

Lovingly,
Mark

Spoken from the heart. I see myself in this letter. I love it. Thank You!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Dear Alcohol,

You are a bizarre friend. I can think back on other friendships in my life, and I am able to understand how they progressed from one step to the next. I remember me and my friend S**** were both interested in playing cards, which lead to video games, and other mutual interests. My friend N*** was an artist, I enjoyed writing and theater, we hit it off and had good times.

You, on the other hand... man, I just can't quite recall why we started hanging out on such a frequent basis. You were around at mutual gatherings, we kind of enjoyed each other's company. But then you just started showing up un-announced at my house on weekdays, taking things from me (memories, health, money, my MIND) and you left all kinds of random sh** behind (guilt, regret, cuts & bruises, legal trouble.)

I'm seriously flabbergasted at myself for how long I kept letting you come over. You changed my personality, made me into a bit of a monster. I ruined friendships, relationships, jobs, all because I couldn't WAIT to get home and see you.

I'm sorry, we shouldn't see each other anymore. I'd like to say no hard feelings, but it would be a thinly veiled lie. I hate you. My door is locked to you, sir. BEGONE, YE DEVIL.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Loving this thread E.Q, I am so tired right now I can't write my letter, but I've plenty to say to that evil, lying, scumbag of alcohol. So, tomorrow here we come!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dear alcohol,

We had lots of fantastic times together, but I'm tired of dealing with your bull ****.

- rob
Old 03-22-2013, 10:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

(Postcards sent from detox)

Day A: Got sent here from the hospital. Having a miserable time, glad you're not here.

Day B: Feeling better, coming home soon. Hope you are gone when I get back and I hope you have taken all your stuff with you.

Day C: On my way home, I saw you at the airport. I hope you never pass my lips again!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Dear Alcohol:
I refuse to keep you in my life. You have already shone your ugly face too many times in my life. You were an unwelcome guest when I was a child; and it was silly of me to let you in my adult life. Don't wait for me to look back cuz there is only sadness and sorrow where you reside. I have my sights on a happier tomorrow with my family and friends and lover.
Signed
Happy that YOU are GONE!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

These letters are awesome!
Old 03-23-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Dear alcohol ,
All of those weekends that we spent in bed together and i hardly remember a moment of it .
I was jealous for your attention, you intoxicated and bamboozled me .

These days when i see you with someone else i feel no jealousy as after all it wasn't about you, it was all about me .

M
Old 03-23-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Dear Alcohol, without you I will never have to look into those sad, scared eyes of my children. Without you my kids won't have to compete for mom's attention. Without you I don't have to lie anymore. Without you I can be the best mom tat I can be. I hate you for what you have done to me and my family. I would rather die miserable and sober, than to let you back into my life!!! You are no longer welcome and that girl you used to make me is not invited!!!!!