View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
desypete

all i can say to those members who feel offended by some people behavior is they better hope they dont pick up a drink again and end up going to prison for there drunkenness as sadly you will have no way to avoid army's of people who will razor you unless you give them tobacco or something else from your weekly rations, so thank your god you was spared from living with people like that, not everyone is so lucky certainly not me so i am used to hot heads and anger from people and a lot worse

there are some meetings that end up like upper class snob type of meetings with people who have never experienced real hard life out in the world so i guess for those types of people, people who come in to aa full of anger and rage would be quite a shock for them

i was a very angry aa member when i first came in and i would turn the meeting blue with my anger at the police and the social workers or anything else that i hated at that time
i had nothing when i came in and even hated aa memebers who had so much left if you had more than me i hated you : )

my kids were locked up in my mind in social serivces care because of the law and nothing to do with me
the whole world was out to get me and crush me my ex wife was in bed with another drunk and i was living in a flat that was given to me by a hostel group

i was in so much pain and the only way i could show it was with my anger as i wouldn't cry yet my heart was crying

i am so lucky i had real honest aa members around me who helped me, looked after me and brought me to my senses over time. keep coming back they said to me even though i was not the nicest guy in the world lol

12 moths later was the day i went to court and got my kids back it was the happiest moment in my life and i will never forget the angry hurt man who shown up on aa doorstep

its the members in aa who gave me there time and there real love without it i would of carreid on drinking and problery back to prison and my kids would of stayed in care forever

so please dont tell me your working a 12 step program or your believe in a god if your ready to stick the boot into people who are in so much pain

there was a girl in aa who no one would go anywhere near as she was foul mouthed and very bitter she would turn up half drunk in meetings and rant

i was learning how to work my 12th step at the time and how i learned how to do it was i had to hug people in the meetings and see if they are ok lol i was to listen out in meetings if anyone was in pain and go and talk with them after the meeting and maybe take them for a coffee or give them a lift anything to help

then there was this loud foul mouthed girl who was very very angry, i had to go over to her and hug her and tell her to keep on coming back
she never bite my head off, she didnt want to punch me, she looked shocked and remained quiet
no one had ever given this girl a hug before and today years later she is now a group leader
how i look at her now from where she once was is just amazing in my eyes but then i look at my own growth in aa how i was and how i am today

that girl always remembers the hug she was given its funny when we do small little things how much they might actually mean to others

so maybe if you give this fellow some real time and let him talk his head off he might run out of steam and calm down

but please dont tell me your living a 12 step program if you dont give people time who are in pain as your a fake and even the chap who is in pain will be able to see right through you just like i would