View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
luke13

Seizure last night...

After having a seizure last night 1st one. Im 32. Doctor said it was alcohol withdrawal. Advised to stay for head scan?! I declined did not want to wait 24, also said that the neurologist might not approve the scan in the hospital since it is "alcohol related" withdrawal issue.

Gave me prescription for librium. Said if i see any other seizure acitivty to come to hospital straight away. After the seizure yesterday, when i went to hospital today after giving me librium they did not observe any seizure related activity.. He also said it might of been pre-not full seizure whatever that means.

I have no family history of seizures. He also gave me the option of coming back to hospital today, or go to my doc to give me referall "just in case". The seizure if it was, it was in bed so luckily i didnt hit anything hard...I ll take my librium today and see how i feel.

Question: If you a had a seizure once, or you most likely to have it again (If its alcohol related) Just like for example you had a heart attack, you might have one again.. Or does it not work that when it comes to alcohol fit (No medical advice, i know but would like advice) Or maybe someone can tell me what happened after their first seizure, and they quit complete. Did something happen? Thanks...Sorry for the long rant