Old 07-25-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
PurpleKnight

Stress was one of the major things I needed to address when I got Sober, coming home after a stressful day at work and disappearing into a bottle was my daily routine, it was a quick fix to deal with the day.

So without alcohol I needed a new approach, there's only so much can be done as a quick fix Sober, so I started to look at reducing the overall stress/strain put on my body on a daily basis through a healthier routine through increased sleep, healthier meals, more exercise, drinking more water, less caffeine, herbal teas etc, I have seen a noticeable change when a stressful day/situation hits in that it's not as intense as they used to be as the body is already under less strain and more relaxed through a healthier lifestyle.

In addition for when I need something for the quick fix moments I go for long walks, I walk out all that stress in the fresh air, but I do think my general approach to lowering strain/stresses on the body overall has helped to deal with things.

There has to be a way non drinkers can deal with stress in life, if they can do it then we can do it without alcohol!!