View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jadamstree

Unhappy Aw support please!

Hello everyone I'm writing this from my car! This is how bad the situation has gotten at home. I will start out by saying that I am I innocent in all this... I too was an addict (cocaine) for 2 years straight! I got sober on 1 May 2002 because I joined the United States Army. So, needless to say I ,understand addiction. In 2004 I had an emotional affair with a woman and it was one of my biggest regrets of my life for more than one reason, but apparently, this was the catalyst to my wife's alcoholism. I have tried for several years to get her forgiveness to no avail. When we argue and she is drinking (which is everyday... drinking that is) she always blames me because of that affair. I feel as if I can only be responsible for the actions of myself, not cause and effect. If I am to blame, how long should I be paying penance for my crimes? Everyday is a struggle to get her to understand that my past is my past and I cannot change what had happened, but can only tried to make things better in the present day. Today, I dumped the half-filled bottle of wine down the sink thinking that if she doesn't have the alcohol in the house, she won't be able to get drunk once again... silly me... she had a hidden bottle in waiting. This was all before 10am. I gave her the ultimatum... it's either alcohol or me before I found the second bottle and she said she would quit all the while, sneaking into the other room to get another drink of wine. Long story short, I love my wife, but I can no longer deal with the lying, the constant reminders of my past failures and most importantly, the drinking! Someone please help!