Thread: weightloss
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sobertaurus

Originally Posted by ESD907 View Post
I quit drinking several times...I was and still am overweight, but nearly as much. During my quitting phases (that were not successful, 2 weeks at best) I'd be that all or nothing person.. Today I get healthy...all healthy food, exercise, no drinks.. be supermom, etc. I set myself up for failure. I ate badly, well, may as well drink..skipped the gym? DRINK. so after many attempts...I said, gotta be diff.. I told myself...first quit drinking. Eat what you will, take a walk if I WANT to. no expectations..literally ONE day at a time..ONE minute at a time. after a few months, I naturally lost about 15 pounds..and then I was ready to add exercise daily. after a few more months, I changed my diet quite a bit. Would you rather be sober and a tad chunky in six months? or a drunk and still fat in 6 months? also, you won't have those booze calories, and we all know booze leads to stupid eating...and forgetful eating...GOOD LUCK.
This sounds like me. I too have decided to focus on sobriety, though I find myself naturally making other healthy choices simply because I feel better about myself.