View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 12:15 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
SolitaryThinker

Sorry to hear the struggle soli, and hi
I have such a hard time saying no, I'm learning how to and not to feel guilty when doing so, it's really important in life.
I had another amazing day of therapy, amazing amazing...I wish I would have done this sooner. People are quitting the program tho and I don't understand why, the big hearty group we started with has dwindled down to maybe 9-10 people, but the ones I liked the most are still with us. I donno some people look tortured to be there. I guess I was really ready and my situation was bad enough, not everyone can see that about themselvs. My natural openeness is working to my advantage so much. I'm really friendly with all 5 therapists there, they like me and want to see me do well, even my psych likes me and thinks I deserve nothing more then to feel good and excel in life from here on out. I'm learning so many things at once and getting so much input about my situation as well as other people suffering with anxiety and depression, as well as substance abuse. I think that's what I like too, it's not ALL substance abuse issues 24/7, personally it gets a bit daunting. I got someone to read "codependant no more"!!! I finished it so I gave my copy to him and he was very greatfull. I have even been staying late and helping to clean the rooms and kitchen when everyone leaves it a mess. I have been eating so well too fresh salads and been bringing cold cut sandwitchs and healthy snacks. I can feel my life changing...I haven't really been counting the sober days cause it's honestly depressing to me, I'm just Rollin with it as they say ....i highly suggest a 2 week program (if it's possible) to any of y'all really having a hard time...I so couldent do it myself with an app on my phone...this is real deal stuff guys, and thanks for still sticking with me! <3 much much love and appreciation from NY