Thread: Kids and Rehab
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Txhelp

Kids and Rehab

Hello all my SR friends!

My daughter is 2 weeks into her month rehab stay. She seems to doing well and was lucky to be allowed in a private rehab by the legal system.

My son (age 25) has been floundering most of his adult life. His father and I have backed off "big time" in the last year. His dad told him that he wanted to talk to him when he's 3 months sober. I have taken random phone calls, which have usually involve drama. It was getting old and I started telling him to call me when he's ready to get help.

Of course, he's had other opportunities for the local rehab, but failed to show up on his intake days for various reasons/excuses. The local rehab gave him one last chance for show up....he "forgot."

My husband said that my son isn't ready. May not.

During this time I had contacted the Salvation Army to get information. It is 3 hours away. I informed my son about the program and gave him the number to call. He did. He said he wanted to go tomorrow.

I told him that I would pick him up at 7 am tomorrow. I said "I will call you at 6 am, if you don't answer...I will assume that we aren't going."

I still hear the "I am doing good" after not using for 8 days. Or...."I am going to make my family happy." I don't know if I should just ignore and take him. Frankly, I don't want to waste me time anymore.

It's a 6 month program and told him that if he left early that he needed to figure out how to get back to our hometown, etc.

I don't know why I am posting...just looking for some comments on others that have been on the rollercoaster with their kids. I guess, I am doubtful that this will work?? I know it's not within my control but tired of worrying and thinking about it.