Thread: birthdays.
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
CelticZebra

This really resonated for me as I am the one in recovery with my irresponsible thoughts and sunshine triggers for cider yet I have those same feelings for my husband who has PTSD & doesn't even know what triggers his panic attacks
We keep trying to keep things low key but when things are good we want them to continue that way or hope to get even better moments, the downside is sometimes not worth it.
Small, tiny, baby steps on the road to recovery from addiction, illness, co-dependency & the hope for a different future.
Guilt is not good for me and I'm recovering from that too

I'm glad it turned out fine & you have learnt more about ea h other

In the end it all turned out fine, but I hate it when I have thoughts like, "Why can't things just be normal? Why does he always have to ruin happy occassions?" I feel so mean when stuff like that goes through my head. He is in a very rough patch of recovery right now and he's trying as hard as he can. I give him credit for that. This time of year there's a trigger everywhere he turns and that is NOT easy.

No more surprises. Neither one of us can handle them right now. Thanks for listening.
Driving my wagon of hope through beautiful views on my road to myself