View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
samseb5351

I so liked this thread I read it twice. Thanks Nonsensical, what a fantastic example of mindfulness and integrity. I really like your point that giving "moderation" a fair hearing has in some respects strengthened your sobriety.
Its got me thinking about my prejudice towards RR. It wouldn't be hard to see that I am not a Fan of RR however some of the most engaging and thoughtful conversations I read come on this Secular Connections, I am always catching myself reading some peoples posts and going "you make a really good point" . I usually come away from reading on here with new ideas and challenges even when I am angry. I come from a background of recovery forums that were so protective of peoples feelings, that were so politically correct that hardly any honest discussion could get through the barrier of platitudes. I saw more suffering and relapse in that kind of environment that I just had to let it go.
I think what has happened is I assume because a small minority of RR followers are Dogmatic, I assume all of you are, This is clearly Wrong and I have been very pleasantly surprised just how open some of you are to ideas, contemplation and mindfulness.

Thanks