Thread: 29 and single
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
inthekeyofg
July 4, 2014

[QUOTE=Katie88;4779480]Haennie you are super smart. Are you a psychologist? I have a MA in Counseling Psychology and can usually identify my own kind To be honest, my longing for a relationship isn't as non-specific as it sounds in my previous posts. There is someone I have loved for seven years, and whether or not she loves me the way I love her, she has a boyfriend! She claims to be bisexual and she has a lot of issues around her own sexuality. I have struggled for years trying to keep her as a friend but also feeling frustrated that I can't get what I want from her - a romantic relationship. So I keep trying to date other people and end up disappointed and/or betrayed and then she is there to comfort me as a friend, which makes it even harder to get over her.

Katie, this explains so much! Thank you for feeling open and comfortable sharing... Love and desire, that which you've shared with us here, most certainly takes some time to work through. Again, I understand wholeheartedly where you're at on an emotional level!

I have to apologize, this thread got away from me a bit and I didn't take the time needed to really read each and every post/reply... I gathered incorrectly that you were actively seeking a relationship. I now see where I tripped up in the dialogue.

I agree, I wouldn't fixate on the mistakes, but rather where you're at currently. Certainly acknowledge them as well as your place on the path, bid them hello and goodbye equally.