Thread: 29 and single
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 12:15 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Katie88

Haennie you are super smart. Are you a psychologist? I have a MA in Counseling Psychology and can usually identify my own kind To be honest, my longing for a relationship isn't as non-specific as it sounds in my previous posts. There is someone I have loved for seven years, and whether or not she loves me the way I love her, she has a boyfriend! She claims to be bisexual and she has a lot of issues around her own sexuality. I have struggled for years trying to keep her as a friend but also feeling frustrated that I can't get what I want from her - a romantic relationship. So I keep trying to date other people and end up disappointed and/or betrayed and then she is there to comfort me as a friend, which makes it even harder to get over her.

Do I feel incomplete as a person? Definitely! I think i know what i want to do for my career, have plenty of education under my belt, but am having trouble getting a job I like. Also, as other people have commented on, this is an age where it is really hard to be single. People in their late 20s talk about nothing but weddings and thinking about kids. It is hard to be one of the only people who isn't doing that. I feel like at 35, when i have my career under control and all of this wedding nonsense isn't in my face anymore things will be better.

Clearly I am sorting out a lot of issues right now. In one of your earlier posts you asked if i had a therapist. I do. But sometimes i feel there are so many issues to tackle that i don't know where to start. And she is super super expensive so i can't afford to go as much as i probably need to...