Thread: Infinite love
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
jdooner

Originally Posted by dSober View Post
Not me, nor should anyone, IMHO. But I found I was hung up on "What is God" for a long, long time. Hung up for years, trying to really get past step 3. Desperation forced me to find some definition/description, for myself, I could live with. I'm now trying to refine it for a better, clearer understanding and appreciation of my "Meaning of Life". Monte Python's is not quite good enough for me, lol. I'm very open to any suggestions and that's why I started this thread.

I understand that many in AA say: "Just get over it already and move on" and rightly so. I can't recommend the miserable seven year path I took. It wasn't fun. But I took it and I never want to go back there again. Now, I feel compelled to continue "Clearing Up Nicely". At least now, I feel I have some basic, preliminary understanding of what I, and others, mean when I/they say God. They're not necessarily the same. In fact, I believe no two are exactly identical. I believe God is that personal.

Btw, my tag here started as "Needs Clarity", then "Getting Clearer", then what it is today: "Clearing Up Nicely". Although I'd love it to someday say "I Can See Clearly Now", I doubt it ever will.
I think your tag line should actually be a series of books about your story DSober.