Old 07-12-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Nuudawn

Yes, you can. I think when we reach the point that we will do whatever we need to...when we break down whatever resistance to what we may possibly need..we certainly can. In my last sobriety, I really didn't want to attend AA. I had before and I just didn't want to go that route..it was last on my list. I put 4 months together last year with the tremendous support of SR. But for me, in the end, I fell victim to lonelieness and isolation. I wasn't able to put myself out there in the real world enough. Not everyone needs AA...but I think I do.

I just need more things to feel the empty spaces. Although I truly believe I learned to be alone with myself much better last time..which is also important. I eventually got a little tired of my own company. Lonelieness was a double whammy for me since I returned both to drinking...and a relationship that was not healthy for me..

For me, it's just safer to dot every 'i" and cross every "t" in attacking this thing. It sounds like you're ready to do whatever it takes Lionhearted..and I think that's where we need to be.