View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Razorback

Yesss! I was up between 2-5 am, but then had decent quality sleep 5-9 am (might as well sleep when it comes). I feel a lot smarter this morning. Drinking my juice cleanse green juice and protein drink now. I'm over the bad part now -- my drinking came in two ways: to medicate a hangover (and that could repeat daily for a long stretch), and hanging out at happy hours. I quit the happy hours months ago, I'm pleased to say. Otherwise I don't get the cravings some people do, so I'm not prone to want to buy any alcohol.

Got a lot of things to do today, and I guess that's the key. Going towards things you want more than thinking about NOT doing something. Much to my delight, my weight -- which is 20 lbs too much -- was down this morning.

I don't foresee any problems today. Tomorrow might have a challenge, but here's the plan. I'm going to an all-day symposium of panel discussions and networking. Fortunately, it's at a theater, not a hotel, and lunch is outdoor food trucks (I'm going to have my juice cleanse items in the car). But I'm betting there will be a networking reception at the end. I'm going to take an Antabuse mid-day so I will not wander over to the wine guy. I think I will start carrying the Antabuse around in my purse for when a tempting situation pops up, but I don't want to take it every day.

Thanks for getting me through the horrible Day 1, everyone.