View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
freein14

Solil, I'm so pleased you've had such an honest and open chat to your husband. It's so much easier to stay focused if everyone in the household is committed to the same plan. That sounds like a great step forward for you.

For me, I've found it much easier since making the absolute decision to be a non-drinker. No question left about shall I or shan't I, just the fact that I'm someone that doesn't drink. In the past, I found that any "slip" not only kept the gremlin alive, but it became even more hungry. It just felt like a battle of wits, and I ended up relying on my will power, it was exhausting.

Since choosing an alcohol free life (for life) my brain isn't conflicted anymore, and I can enjoy my time so much more easily. The gremlin is still alive (just), but certainly getting weaker, and I'm getting stronger.

I know it's still early days, but I do think there's been a major positive shift in my brain. There's no going back.

The weekend is almost here again, so it might be time to renew our Fools Bargain.

Hope everyone's doing well today.