View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Razorback

Doggonecarl, you are right, sometimes it takes a few tries -- and I was trying to add a little levity there. But you are correct and I know it. And Ghostlight1, I've progressed to that point as well. I was just listening to a podcast where the speaker -- Irish guy named Paul Garrigan -- points out how much simpler sobering up is if you take the possibility of drinking again off the table. Despite my being a truly loose cannon, life is still going well. Maybe now I can find out how much better it can go -- like, I haven't had a romantic partner in YEARS.

Still inside, listening to podcasts, meditations, with a mud pack on my face. Can't go out like this! It's amazing what a waste of time drinking is, and how much I've gotten done this morning. I recently got a shrink who specializes in drinking problems. I was doing well -- I've been honest with her. But she is out of town, so here I am.

There's a nature trail nearby that doesn't pass any shops. That would be a good activity on this sunny day.