View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Razorback

Let's try this again

I really *must* stop drinking for awhile, and Im gonna lean on you nice people for the first couple of days. Once I get through one day, I'm usually OK for awhile. My weakness is giving in to a drink to medicate the withdrawal. I have a lot of events approaching that are important to me, so it's time!

Anyway, I've got a plan here. I live in an apartment complex that has everything -- a gym, pool, jacuzzi, computers, etc. As long as I stay within the place, I won't be running into any alcohol -- there's none in my apartment. I also ordered several days' worth of a green juice cleanse (juice, protein drinks, detox soup) that gives you an exact schedule for when to consume each thing. When I've done that before, I feel better quickly. I don't like sweets, so that common withdrawal technique wouldn't appeal. I'm a musician and writer -- I have a big concert across the country in 10 days and I'm out of shape. And I have a book proposal due that I haven't started. Good work, girl! Sigh.

I'm staying home and being kind to myself. I'm definitely going to want to check in throughout the day tho! I don't have to go anywhere for two days -- and that's a class where there won't be an alcohol issue. I had developed a terrible habit of stopping for a Diet Coke and two mini-bottles of vodka, which is drinking WHILE drive, which I obviously must stop on every level. I think a two-day DIY home rehab will help me start better habits. So far no serious symptoms, just feeling foggy, stupid, and flabby. And I have a lovely crop of acne.