View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sobertaurus

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I'm personally against taking anything to somehow alter my mood, sleep, etc whether it is prescription, OTC or herbal. I feel this way simply due to my nature as an addict an the potential to eventually rely on said substances to function. Just my $.02
I'm a bit torn on this. On the one hand, I somewhat agree. On the other hand, some people have very serious psychological problems that can only be properly treated with medication. My father was paranoid schizophrenic who refused medication. It led to suicide, and he never drank at all. Severe manic depression has a 20% death by suicide rate.

In other words, whether someone drinks grocery store tea, etc., may come down to a personal choice that must be determined based on the individual's triggers. But, we must be careful lest people with severe psychological disorders avoid medical treatment also. Right?

Thanks for sharing. I wouldn't have a problem with the tea, personally. However, it has never done much for me so I don't bother with it anymore.

I have genuinely been avoiding drugs of any kind while I find sobriety because I need to find out who I am sober. I really don't know yet. However, I'm also pretty sure I don't suffer from a major psychological illness.

Be well.