View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
kellyg
greenturtle

Soli - It sounds like you have a great plan in place. Kudos to you for having that conversation with your husband. I know some people in recovery believe it's wrong of us to ask our SO/Spouses/siblings to not drink in front of us. It's our problem not theirs. However, I do not agree with this thinking - in the beginning of recovery at least. If your SO/Spouse/Siblings/etc KNOW you have a PROBLEM then they should be eager to NOT want to put you in a position where you may be tempted to throw away your sobriety. I hope you get the support you need from your spouse.

Luc - I also started saying "I don't drink". I was doing the same as you ending that phrase with..."for now". Good for you for 15 days!

Free - I hope your work appraisal goes well. Fingers crossed!

Kat - Sorry you slipped but a) at least it was minor and nothing bad happened and b) you are back here starting over. Good for you. We will eventually get this right!

ST - Good that the doctors are helping you! Keep up the good work

As for me, it's day 10. Feeling good but hate being at work. I wish I could have my summers off...better yet, retire or win the lotto

Best to you all!