View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 11:44 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
freein14

Hi everyone,

Izzy, it's always lovely to hear from you, whenever you're able to post. I hope "quiet and thoughtful" feels like a good thing (rather than a low mood kind of thing).

Solil, I hope you're able to have a better nights sleep tonight. It's so hard functioning on too little sleep. There's a lot of advice about sleep hygiene on the www, things like; going to bed at the same time each night; Have a relaxing bed time routine (e.g. no electronic gadgetry); relaxation exercises. Would it be worth seeing a Dr for some advice?

Kat, well done for getting rid of the bottle. You listened to you higher self, that could be a major battle won, and you're back on track again.

Mariah, 10 laps in the pool sounds like a workout to me! Swimming is really hard work as far as I'm concerned - I can't seem to get the breathing right, and end up just holding my breath for as long as possible before the inevitable gasping in of water. Very unpleasant.

I have my appraisal at work today, hopefully it will go well. I'm in a much better frame of mind than I was last year so it will be interesting to see if anyone at work has noticed. I think I was quite good at hiding my insecurities but I might be surprised. I'm almost hoping someone says "you seem much more sober lately, more awake, on the ball, have a huge pay rise!" But somehow I doubt that will happen.

Hope everyone has a great day.