Old 07-09-2014, 11:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RolyPoly
aka In 'n Out

Angry Hid it so well nobody believes I'm an alcoholic

I've been drinking heavily for many years. Tried AA 3 times and never made more than 30 days. Today is day 3 of my 4th attempt. I'm a single parent with a 21 year old son and when I told him I was going to AA he argued that I am not an alcoholic! I truly am an expert at hiding my problems from the outside world.

It helps that I am pretty much a loner, don't go to bars, and drink alone at home. 2 bottles of wine almost every night. I hope that this time AA works for me. I still have a good job and haven't done anything awful - yet. Does this make it harder to succeed at AA? Not having had a traumatic, scared you sh**less episode??

I want my life back. I want to not come home from work and sit on the sofa with my wine. I want to get fit and healthy again and not be 50 pounds overweight, bloated, and constantly fuzzy headed. I want to not be a slave to alcohol. I live in southern California and sit on my sofa with my wine rather than getting out there and enjoying the beauty that is all around me.

Life is too short. This time I hope and pray that I kick this abominable addiction.