View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Lucrezia
Blood Countess

Thanks. I actually do feel like things are different this time. I still want to prepare, though. I don't want a false sense of security. I don't want it to catch me off guard... you know? I intend to ride through the storm, sober. I mean, if a storm comes. I think it will eventually. I have to be able ride through it this time, though. I plan on doing that. I mean who knows, maybe it will never come... but I think it would be unwise of me to assume there will not be huge cravings coming in the future.

Anyway thanks so much for your input. You're right - our mindsets and the things we tell ourselves really help (or hinder us) a lot! I have been slowly incorporating different words into my vocabulary, actually. For example, instead of saying "I'm trying not to drink" or "I'm not supposed to drink (or can't drink)" I say "I do not drink" and things like that. Words that are more proactive, and permanent sounding. It seems to help.

I started out saying "I don't drink... right now" haha, but that still is not good enough! I simply don't drink. Am I worried about the future? Yes! But still... blah blah... I should stop typing now haha. Sorry.