Thread: Done with AA
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
MesaMan

We're Here To Help

RIGHT from your first Post, the Will and need to craft your own best Approach was evident. I'm not one to cut & paste Quotes much, and I'm referring to your overall Post tone anyway.

Your Post today at 07:14 nicely declares your POV. I don't question such Personal Mission Statements. It's not that a Meeting Eye Roll necessarily would put me off. Empathetic People don't do that Guano. This Person tipped their Hand. The Lyric from an 'Eagles' Song, sung by Recovered Alcoholic Joe Walsh, comes to mind: 'I know there must be somethin' better... I can't stay another night'. I'm just not the type to listen to [or read] umpteen Accounts at a Meeting just to find a proverbial Gem. I'm wired to sort through Approaches, and move some mix of Recovery Tools on down the Road. Time's a wastin'. Typical Male. Typical Retired Engineer. We're packing to move to the Solar-run Retirement House I designed and built on 80 Acres of Mesa-top [see my Avatar], and we bounce between different Houses. So, trying to make Meetings is near-impossible anyway. This Reality means I move to a 'transportable', 'Net-based System of Recovery Tools: SR and RR/AVRT.

Cascable nails it in the 09:25 Post today re: what very possibly could work for Personalities like ours. I say 'very possibly' because I mean only that you consider that -/+ points in that Post, and first give that approach a try, based on your Personal Mission Statement.

I don't advise that Folks just 'up and quit', as I did, after 48 years. That's the right approach for some percentage of us. There's enough proselytizing here in other Forums to make a Doorstep Jehovah's Witness look like an Amateur. I try to steer of all that 'Sledge Hammer' recommendation stuff; regardless of the Recovery du Jour. BTW, I just saw the term 'du Jour' used by LBrain. Coincidence. No 'dig' intended.

You are absolutely not dithering, or wasting the time of anyone here. I remember well being at the point you're at, and it's very understandable. For me, just making the 3 month mark represented a big difference in POV.

Seek and ye shall find.