Thread: Done with AA
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
ElleDee
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
Sorry I was not clear. For me the limbo stage was more about my own personal acceptance of not being able to ever drink again. I too jumped from one program to another but the whole time it was me not the programs. I could care or less what program you find works..but I wanted to share my experience, which was more about my own acceptance of not drinking than any program I worked.

Simply stated look in the mirror and honestly ask if you are okay with never drinking again. You don't need to answer here but that will probably tell you more about where your at than any program.
I'm not jumping from one program to another though. I didn't go to one AA meeting and decide it wasn't for me. Because of how I am hard wired, I am not comfortable in groups. I have some social anxiety. So maybe AA wasn't the best choice from the beginning. I've started learning about AVRT because that is a method that I think will help me stay sober (along with a number of other things I doing outside of AA). So with AA, yes it's ME, I don't like groups. I don't go to parties and I don't go out with more than one friend at a time because I DON'T LIKE GROUPS.

I am serious about my sobriety which is why I am trying to find the best way to stay sober, not looking for an excuse not to.