Thread: The word Never
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Croissant

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
Yes, I did say that didnt I? With more clarity today, I dont think this way. For one, the only way that I will actually make it through in general is by feeling and walking through this storm with my head as clear as possible. Alcohol has only made things less than optimal upstairs. Another thing, is that I need to be as present as possible to make decisions that can only be made in and with sobriety. So, if I can strike that statement from the record I would like to do that. Lets just say that yesterday was a terrible day. Today is better. Tomorrow will be a lot better. So on and so forth.
Wonderful...I did read after I posted that you'd stopped drinking.

And that was going to be my gentle suggestion. Having lost my stepmother earlier this year to cancer, I am so glad I was sober so I could help, have the conversations I needed to have with her nursing staff and do all I could to know I was 100% present. She deserved it. We were very close in age, and she was very much like a sister to me.

I'm glad you have made that choice too, of course you know it's the right one. You have lots of support here.