Thread: Done with AA
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 11:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
NightsWatch

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
I agree with soberjennie in that you can always use whatever you can and need to assist you in you journey. Aside from not ever drinking again, improving my life and outlook became the focus.
There are some of the numbers I find very useful out of the dozen. One example is a reflection on my day. A daily inventory. One of the things I noticed months ago was the similarities between the dozen and the Eastern philosophies of living. I am reading some Buddhist teachings - I am not becoming a Buddhist - and another good read/practice, "Full Catastrophe Living" Good luck.
I like that about Buddhism, the idea of "take what's useful". You don't have to subscribe full-on to a program in order to extract a few ideas and methods that resonate with you. You then put these little tools in your toolkit and extract another tool from another program or book or way of thinking that spoke to you. At the end of the day, you'll then have a toolkit that is custom made for you! To me, that is way more helpful than a one-size-fits-all model.