View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Frankynstein

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
Welcome to SR, Frankynstein! Being a sober alcoholic in a family of drinkers is rough. I only see my family a couple of times a year but when I do, it's usually a holiday and some alcohol is around. I've found that I have to concentrate on me and my relationship with alcohol. Most of my family members seem to be able drink alcohol and the worst thing that happens to them is that they may feel a little off the next morning. I can honestly say that I have never seen either of my parents hung over or severely drunk where I seem to always get severely drunk when I drink.

I can not enjoy drinking anymore. I might feel good for a very short amount of time but I always end up very depressed, even if I don't get wasted. I am so much happier sober. It's not easy all the time but it's a lot easier than living with drinking the way I drink. I was a terrible drunk and I never thought I could get sober and actually be happy. It's been a lot of work and learning how to live honestly has been difficult but it's changed my life and given me a new life I never thought I could have. I hope you stick around and ask any questions you may have about sobriety. It's a lot of effort but worth it!

Yes and its hard to say no whenever they had a drink. This depression is not helping me. Its like the world is against me. When you stop what did you do to resist the cravings? Did you take some anti-depression? I want to get there and be happier.