View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 12:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Verte
pray for strength

When I decided to not drink any longer what I said to my husband loosely went like this:

"What happened yesterday is just not OK. This is not me and I am not going to drink any longer. It really has not brought anything good to my life - only pain, regret, guilt, embarrassment. If I want to bring the things I want in this lifetime into my life and keep them there is no longer a place for alcohol. Not worth it for me. I do not want to lose anything or struggle any longer."

He still drinks but has made positive changes just from following my lead. The fact that he still drinks does make it a little more challenging, I suppose. But I view this as my decision for my life and the way I choose to live. So far so good. Just over 2months without a drink and I plan to keep going this way for the rest of my days

I would not worry too much about your neighbors. Everyone has hard times and deals with things in their own way. Obviously some ways are less destructive than others. But what really matters is you from today forward.

Hope that you are having a nice night at work. Keep posting!