View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
July1

I'm watching "Halt and Catch Fire" on AMC. They're at episode 5. A principle character, an engineer, is the type of alcoholic I was, until I started working on my problem-- he functions, but at a MUCH lower level than his potential. He drinks for the same reasons I drink. (drank).

I can't imagine the story line is not going to deal with his problem-- it nearly scuttled a business deal for his company in episode 5.

Yes that's a spoiler-- but if you watch that episode and see the impact of his drinking on his life, you may find it to be an inspiration for you if you're a "High bottom." For me it's like seeing a video of myself, as suggested above. For insomniacs, you can catch up at amctv.com.

It's insidious-- not DUIs or bar fights, just loss of professional and personal potential. And I think he's about to lose his wife over it-- and even SHE doesn't see why her husband is sending out such lethargic loser vibes. Everyone here will recognize it. Marie, your husband may not know what's going on with you, and that leads to bad things. Maybe that's even more motivation for you, as if you needed it!