View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 11:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
matt4x4

You......Just.........Might.........Be............ An.............Alcoholic

See normies dont black out, they have one or two drinks feel woozy and stop.

Every drunk alcoholic thats drinking needs to be sober. When I hear the word Professional, I dont know what that means because people use it so loosely. I think of a professional as a doctor, or lawyer. But just because you are a "professional" does not make you more then or less then the bum on the street, in the alley drinking rubbing alcohol. Alcoholism knows no boundries, from the gutter to the penthouse suite. So if you think you might have a problem, you probably do. Best to go to your doctor and get checked out, try out a few different programs, perhaps even dive head on into AA. If you are in a big city, most likely they got meetings, hopefully they got literature, big books, living sober books, came to believe books. Those were books I read before I started working the steps. They got me interested enough to keep going back to it. You can also try Smart Recovery, based on a more scientific approach they have booklets to work out of, I keep hearing of a program called Addictive Voice, I perhaps they got meetings and/or books/booklets. There is more often then not a government programs, countless rehabs usually 20 days, from cheap to expensive. If its your first go around, I suggest go with a cheap version first. Wish you the best of luck and just remember that there is a way out of this hole that you dug, just takes a lot of work. I would think its best to know the truth of what happens in your blackouts. I just wish I could have seen myself on video when I blacked out countless times. It might have made me quit sooner, might have made me drink even more. Who knows!!!!