View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MariahGayle
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning everyone.....read all posts from yesterday when I got home from coast at 2am this morning. Was a fabulous day - I have never seen the fireworks show over there but have always wanted to. Son & I went down the beach from the crowd & found a great cove & he collected driftwood & built a fire. I had a blanket & a book which I was able to relax & read when he met up with his friend. When it got dark & people started lighting off their fireworks, Son came & bent down to me, kissed me on the cheek & said I love you Mama, I'm glad we have this time together.....I'm sure that when he got the call from his coach that the game was cancelled tomorrow, he probably would have liked to stay over with his friend there, but he didn't ask & I know it is because he didn't want me to drive back alone through the canyon in the middle of the night....think that is pretty special & feel very grateful today. Picking up little Grandson in an hour to take him fishing & to the Soda Fountain for a treat. Have a great day everyone!