View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Blossom717

Thank you everyone for the wonderful POVs and honest opinions. I really appreciate them. I can't ask my friends in person and get more honesty.

Serendipity, I like the visual thing. I can't remember a night though that I went to bed happy where I'm at. I trained myself to think this is normal because my mom did the same. I'm learning it doesn't have to be this way. I'm glad I'm not the only one who had those "should" feelings. He's drunk right now, but a "happy" drunk, telling me how great he is. I can't ever tell what kind of mood he will be in. I need to remind myself that's not healthy for my daughter.

As for the house, it's quite old. It will need some renovations but luckily, my mom is an interior designer, my friend that is going is currently renovating her house with her husband, and I work for a general contractor....if I asked they would probably help with advice.

It's way out in the middle of nowhere, one of those random towns not near anything. It's also right next to train tracks which a lot of people don't prefer, but I've always lived near them. If there are foundation issues I won't consider it, I need one that I can live in even while fixing up.

Also, the realtor said to buy it it either needs to be a cash purchase or a 203k loan. Idk much about those, so any advice is welcome!