View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Looking at houses is so exciting (and a little nerve-wracking) Best of luck!

Originally Posted by Blossom717 View Post
I know most of you said that you left when you knew its was the right time, but did you have any feelings of doubt at all?
I had huge doubts and guilt about leaving AXH. On the one hand I knew I _had_ to. There were so many reasons that I needed to: I didn't want DS growing up thinking *this* is how dad's are supposed to be, my own safety and sanity, financial, etc. But on the other hand there was this immense sense of SHOULD. Thoughts that I should try harder to keep our family together, that I should love AXH more than I did, that I shouldn't leave some one who so obviously was having a hard time taking care of himself...

However, all of the doubts about leaving pretty much revolved around AXH's needs and desires, not mine or DS's.

I had the same thoughts as so many here that AXH could be such a good dad / good husband. That he had the potential to be. I found a quote by Margaret Atwood that I try to remember when I get to hoping that maybe AXH might still pull himself up out of his issues: "Potential has a shelf life."