View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
amy55

Hi Blossom,

I think it is great that you are trying to move forward, and to make things better for yourself and your DD. I'm all for that.

What I want to talk to you about though is the foreclosure. I bought a foreclosure, and I now love it. It took a lot of work. I read in your last post that it has been listed since 2008.

Do you know what to look for when you look at this house? I know you are going on Friday so I want you to be prepared. How old is the roof, will it need replacing soon? How old is the house? how is the electric system in the house? How are the appliances that are there, if there are appliance there? Does it have termites, or carpenter bees, carpenter ants, mold?

I'm really not trying to scare you, but these are some of the things I had to deal with. The most important thing here is the home inspection. Listen to all of it.

Also know that you can offer a price way below what the bank is asking. They just want to get rid of it, they may even pay the closing fees.

If you do decide to buy, flea markets are great, garage sales, craigslist.

Don't go into this blind like I did.

I just had to replace a grinder pump for $2700. I never in my life even knew what a grinder pump was.

Make a list of questions to ask your realtor. Take notes. Post here.