Thread: Teamwork?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Blossom717

Originally Posted by isitme View Post
Yup yup and Yup! For us the funny part about me making more is, after I pay insurance and other things our take home is about the same.

I used to like the way we shared responsibility. But somewhere along the way it started to feel like more of a division. Like you said.. it doesn't feel like teamwork. Duties, money, child care... I understand some roles are kind of ingrained in us growing up. But does everything have to be so cut and dry? Isn't the point of being in a relationship to have someone there to help through these times? (not the only reason, but you know what I mean) In some instances I've found it actually easier to negotiate with daycare on a delayed payment then bring up any sort of money concern to him. Do you feel that way sometimes?
Yup! I feel like its easier to deal with anyone than him most of the time.

Honestly, Other than the money part, I feel like we are already separated. Half the time I forget that I'm NOT literally a single parent. Could have fooled me.

But anyway. I'm going to take out what I can to pay him. It'll leave me with about....5 dollars in my bank account and I'll still owe him 10 but as long as he's happy....(sarcasm)