Thread: Teamwork?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Blossom717

Teamwork?

So every week ABF and I "split" the baby sitter costs. its $110 a week, I pay 50, he pays 60.

I forgot to pay him before I went grocery shopping....$130+ later, plus 60 in gas....I am about 30 dollars short. I told him I'll give him what I have, and I'll pay him the rest on Friday along with the 50 for that week too.

He is pissed. Said his dad told him that he only has $120 in his bank account (1....your dad had to tell you....2....that's about $100 more than what I have)

I told him that there isn't anything I can do other than what I've told him I can do. He hung up on me after I told him that if he didn't spend over $20 a day in beer then having $120 in his account wouldn't be an issued until Friday.

Anyway. I know I'm at fault because I don't have enough to pay him back right away, but this sort of thing is what keeps me from seeing us as a team. When he went into the hospital the last time, he missed a whole weeks worth of pay and I covered the whole week of the sitter and never asked him to pay me back. I let it go. I'm not asking him to let it go necessarily, just be patient and I can't even have that.

He texted me and told me that next week I am to pay the sitter all of it. I just replied back "No. I will pay what I owe you." no more, no less. I'm trying to not put emotion into it because it will stir up a fight.

Is this normal for relationships? is Patience not to be expected? or understanding? or is this an A thing? If it were the other way around I would have to understand for him.