View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sobercalmwishes

I know exactly what you are talking about. I am on day 7, but please stick with it. I progressed to two bottles a night, hiding it up in my room, hiding it from everyone except my immediate family, a Christian too, feeling that awful shame that if people really knew sort of thing, but it did progress. If you can stop now, you will be blessed. I kept going, I'm almost 50, health problems from the wine, and eventually a family member who is a Christian and very close to me began to taunt me and shame me about my problem. I felt so alone. I am glad I found this place. Here you can say what you want and get help. I don't know how I found your post, but I'm glad I did. I KNEW there had to be other funny, happy, helpful loving Christian people out there who were hiding in the closet with their wine too. It's so socially acceptable for a woman to have her wine, and once you're hooked it very hard to "stay" off, it's so relaxing at first. When you get to the point I did, it's no longer relaxing, it's a necessity. I am so excited for you that you have gone this lone and mostly that you have been so HONEST about your situation! That is everything. Don't worry about losing your personality.......I too feel bored and anxious and like I've lost something, but I stay productive, clean a closet, force myself to get moving, hit the gym, plan things and pray about what God wants to do with my personality and the experience I have just walked through for so long. Already here you are helping me by being honest and posting about your hidden trouble. And you didn't even know it.

Thank you for sharing this and wishing you the best!