Thread: Scared :(
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Luper

Scared :(

Back to work on Tuesday after a 3 week medical leave.

Early into my sobriety (16 days) and very early into my CBT with a new therapist.

I'm scared. I was off once before, so I know the mess I will go back to and the attitude of some people. We all have that...I am in no way unique.

The last time I was off, my meds were changed and I was sober for 27 days. Didn't take long for my good old AV to tell me different, and I caved. I think I still was convinced I didn't really have a problem.

I am thankful I found SR this time and have been reading as much as I can. I do feel better prepared, and hope I am strong enough to fight my AV this time. I definitely do not want to drink or go back to where I was. I know that I cannot let it win this time.

I was in AA before, but was uncomfortable due to social anxiety. Maybe an online group is the answer. Have also been reading alot about AVRT.

I don't mean to whine, I'm just scared. I am very self-conscious and have very low self esteem.

Just looking for a few suggestions. Been trying to come up with a solid plan to deal with my anxiety at work. I have already started walking every day and exercise is definitely in my plan after work.

Thanks for listening.