View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 12:37 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Lenina

(((((Iamfree)))))

darling, alcoholics drink because they are alcoholics. I am an alcoholic. I had my troubles sure, I thought I was self medicating. bottom line though? I drank because I was an alcoholic. Please, alcoholism isnt a free pass to act any old way one wants. many of us get sober to solve our problems. Please don't blame yourself. He might not know how or have the desire to get sober. Denial is an aspect of the disease but that doesn't absolve us from getting help.

I hope you are considering Alanon. I know there are meetings in Germany. I don't know if its possible for you to maybe check with the American military base to see about finding referral for Alanon in English if that is your most comfortable language. you might check the directories for AA numbers and they might have some Alanon numbers for you. Someplaces have AlaTeen for the teenagers and even AlaTot for the younger ones. perhaps you could find some literature to help you help the kids.

I hope this is helpful I don't usually answer in the friends and family part of SR but I saw your posts. I hope you don't mind.

Love from Lenina