View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
gracette

Morning all! My migraine seems to be mostly gone (fingers crossed, still a little tender). For work today I actually get to do something other than sit behind a computer all day, so I'm pretty happy about that. Today is day 27 for me - tomorrow is four weeks aka a full month! I almost can't believe it, I've tried to stop drinking for one month SO MANY TIMES over the past 14 years and always failed. For me, admitting that I had a problem and couldn't control it has really been the difference maker. That and SR and IRL support, AA meetings especially.

AppleKat - I love that quote, thank you so much for sharing! Is that from a book you're reading currently? And congrats on making it through the time alone sober, I know that can be a really tempting time.

Django - glad you're still here. I do think that talking to someone in real life will help, SR is wonderful but there's something about saying it out loud to another person that really helps lift the weight off a bit, at least in my experience. "We're only as sick as our secrets" is something I've really found to be true lately, I've been telling people things I never thought I would admit to another human in a million years. And also I agree, we're unique just for being here fighting the war in the first place! That's not a small thing.

grant - I've also had the emotional stuff/memories coming up, although for me it didn't start until maybe day 10. Right before I quit drinking I kept noticing how I could barely remember my past... probably should have been more concerned about that than I was! Now it's all coming back and it's not pleasant all the time but it's also amazing to have that new kind of clarity.

Hope everyone has a great and sober day, hang in there, we can do this.