View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Another mama chiming in here to offer hugs and support.

My son has struggled with addiction his entire adult life, he's no longer a young fellow with bright dreams of a future.

For years and years I tried everything to save him, letting him live at home many times and never once did that end well.

The day came when I knew I was sinking with him, that my life was darker than it had ever been and I could feel my life and spirit just fading...it was then that I gave my son's care to God, asking Him to do for him what I could not.

It breaks our hearts to watch our children self-destruct, it eats our soul to be unable to help them...but in the end, it is they themselves who have to want help so badly that they are willing to do whatever is necessary to help themselves.

Detaching from your son and his addiction is a loving thing because it gives him the opportunity to learn his own lessons, however hard they may be. Giving up your life won't save his, sadly if love could save our addicted loved ones, not one of us would be here.

Keeping you and your family in my prayers, that your son will find a better path soon.

Hugs