View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kalalanon

finally had a sober conversation

So, I messaged my bf earlier and asked if we could set aside time to talk tonight. I had a meeting from 8pm so he nicely had the kids in bed when I got home but he was asleep on the couch.
I couldn't wait, I had been psyching myself up to say something for too long without opportunity so I woke him up. I was going to explain what I've learnt about Al Anon do far, I was going yo tell him about this helpful site, my boundaries etc but I knew it would be delaying the inevitable so I plain asked that if I were to move out ( I only said me not us as I didn't want to start a fight about custody) would he buy me out of the house. I got legal advice last week for de facto couples and I know how much the house is worth. His response was to walk into another room saying no, he'll move out. To which I responded," but I can't buy you out." Then I get, "I wouldn't expect you too, I'm going to bed." Walks out, goes to bed.
Me? I'm in the foetal position on the couch crying my eyes out. I wanted to finish that conversation. I need to know where I stand! He can't say he's suprised about my decision. I've been sleeping in the spare room for the last month and only conversing with him when it has to do with the kids.
I want do badly to storm in there, I want to know when I can expect him to leave! I want to know why he's not begging me to change my mind!
I can imagine I won't be getting much sleep myself tonight. I have to go out again tomorrow night asI'm coordinating a couple different community meetings so won't be home til late.
I start a new part time job on Monday and unexpectedly found childcare (thought I was going to have to go on a waitlist) so I've got lots of awesome things happening for me.