Thread: People Problem
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by Mirage74 View Post
It's funny, anytime you say you don't like something, AA's trademark answer is it's not that, it's you. Ok, I guess what you're saying is all the people in town are great and I'm the ****** up one. And you don't even know the people I'm talking about. Sounds fishy. And I respectfully disagree.
hey, trust me, ive known the town ilive in for over 30 years and have lived here for 12. everyones a jerk!!
do you believe me? i hope not. that would be ignorant.

please point to where i said all people in your town are great. ive read my post a few times and cant find it. or maybe just a bad guess on yer part?
no i don't know the people yer talkin about.what im sayin is the problem isn't with the people in the town ya live in- its within you.
you mention AA, so im gonna use whatthe program says:
The first requirement is that we be convinced that any life run on self-will can hardly be a success. On that basis we are almost always in collision with something or somebody, even though our motives are good
He begins to think life doesn't treat him right
Our actor is self-centered - ego-centric, as people like to call it nowadays.
Selfishness - self-centeredness! That, we think, is the root of our troubles
So our troubles, we think, are basically of our own making. They arise out of ourselves, and the alcoholic is an extreme example of self-will run riot, though he usually doesn't think so. Above everything, we alcoholics must be rid of this selfishness. We must, or it kills us
This is the how and why of it. First of all, we had to quit playing God. It didn't work.

its your choice. you can point the finger at everyone else and their faults or you can work on fixing you. great solution in the program.