View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
PurpleKnight

Physically - I no longer wake up with a hangover everyday and don't throw up in the shower as I had began to do just before I quit, my body has adjusted to allow me to sleep a full 8/9 hours deep sleep, my energy levels have therefore increased, my immune system has probably improved with getting proper rest, nutrition and exercise as I no longer get niggling coughs etc, people at work have commented on my complexion and that I have dropped a few pounds in weight. Dehydration is a thing of the past, also pains in my abdomen and other digestive problems have since cleared up.

Mentally - I now have a more positive outlook on life, with less anxiety, alcohol seemed to be the root cause of me feeling depressed and anxious in life, a cloud has finally lifted, life is also less stressful as planning my next drink and worrying about facilitating my drinking took up a lot of my time. I also have a lot more confidence in myself, I applied for a promotion at work a few months after becoming Sober, something I would never have thought to do.

Life Circumstances - At face value, for those looking in nothing looks like it has changed, I have the same job, drive the same car, am still single and rent my own place, but on the inside it's a whole different story.

I am definitely both physically and mentally better off without alcohol, healthier than I have been in years, is it happiness? I have no idea, but I do know I am in a better place compared to the down spiral I was previously on.