View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Synfull Vyxun
:-(

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
SV, I hope you realize that you aren't at fault for anything your mother does or feels. The guilt trips are just manipulation to keep you on the crazy train. We care about you. We've all got at least one A parent with one codie parent, or two A parents for the super unfortunate lot. Please don't beat yourself up over any of this. Being an ACoA basically make a you "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't." It doesn't matter what you do, it'll always be the wrong thing. Your AM could trip over a rock and it would be your fault somehow. See how ridiculous this is? It's not you! You are important. You matter.
Yep I got two A parents, and the families attached to them, I think Im about the only one who doesn't drink that much. I do feel that 'damned if I do, damned if I don't' everyday. I have always tried to keep everyone happy, and they never care about me, when I am down or having a bad day, I still have to do what they want. then I get in trouble for not studying or something. I hate it, Im so lost, what you say makes sense and good to know Im not alone, but I really really feel it.