View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 10:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ultradad

Welcome Brach,

Dude, I use to relapse every 2-3 weeks after making what I thought were the most honest and sincere promises to my family and myself! It took me finally accepting who I am and instead of talking about the problem, finding a solution! I wen't to two AA meetings and thought I would be fine, made it 28 days and relapsed...the most time sober I had in years! Really threw me for a loop! My buddy would get 4-5 months, but always relapse...I was almost ready to throw in the towel when someone told me that AA was my only hope and that it took more than just meetings, but I actually had to do the steps, get a sponsor and have a plan of action! I volunteered for a 14 day inpatient-treatment facility and then did 7 days intense outpatient treatment to finish up the program. I attend AA meeting 4-6 times a week, have a sponsor, home group and I'm working the steps! I've never felt better in my life! I know without a doubt that if not for AA I would have already relapsed, I can do this on my own, no way! Not sure what you're doing for recovery, but my experience is that AA works and I'm sure there are other great programs, but we all need a plan!

Don't beat yourself up, that's the last thing you need to do. Pick your head up and get going again...they told me relapse is a big part of recovery, but it doesn't have to be!

Pulling for you man!